"Architects of Cultural Revolution" (Rescheduled)
Tuesday Nov 18th, 2014 - Noon to 1:05 p.m.
Directions: (Google Maps) Exit Hwy 41 at College Ave, go west one block to Mall Drive, turn right, go one block, turn right on Fox River Dr.
Note: Due to the last minute availability of John McManus on Nov. 4, the program originally planned for that day has been rescheduled for next week (Nov. 18).
Imagine if a family of the 1950’s were beamed forward into our time. While marveling at the technological explosion, the culture shock would no doubt be horrifying: The prison-like schools filled with drugs, profanity, promiscuity, and decadence. The celebration in all popular media of vices formerly not even to be named. The denigration of the traditional family. Even the simple fact that no one could keep their car keys in the ignition anymore!
While no nation’s culture is static, nor is it ever perfect, the degree of transformation since that time is shocking. How did this happen? How were the cultural habits and understandings of the West, traditions and teachings necessary for a free, self-governing people, so rapidly transformed? Was it merely an accidental decay? A collective, generational failure of families and churches? Or was something more at work?
On Tuesday, Nov. 18, we will answer that question by viewing a short film by the Free Congress Foundation entitled “Political Correctness: The Dirty Little Secret.” Learn how post-World War I Marxists, disillusioned with the failure of conventional Marxism to rally the working class, retooled their social theories against family and traditional morality in an effort to transform society via a “long march through the institutions.”
Please join us. We meet at noon, order lunch, start at 12:05 p.m., and end at 1:05 p.m. Admission is free. Meal purchases and donations are encouraged.
- On Nov 25, data scientist Jeff Horn will present “Learning with Leviathan", an exposé of what educrats really mean when they say "college and career ready" and "jobs of the future."
- On Dec 2, Art Thompson, CEO of the John Birch Society, will warn about President Obama’s request for "fast-track" authority to negotiate the sovereignty-threatening Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
- On Dec 9, Brian Farmer will kick off our series on issues the legislature should address by looking at Right to Work.
- On Dec. 16, Richard Church will close out our year with an examination of the religious beliefs of America’s Founding Fathers.
- In observance of Christmas and New Year’s, the Forum will not meet on Dec 23 or Dec 30. Meetings will resume on Jan 6, 2015.