Jeffrey Horn, Ph.D. "Legislative Agenda on Education"
Tuesday Oct 25th, 2016 - Noon to 1:05 p.m.
Directions: (Google Maps) Exit Hwy 41 at College Ave, go west one block to Mall Drive, turn right, go one block, turn right on Fox River Dr.
On Tuesday, October 25th the Forum will host Jeff Horn, Ph.D. for his analysis of the agenda for Education and the Workforce that Robin Vos and the assembly Republicans have planned this legislative session. Participating will be University Committee Chair Dave Murphy. The topics to cover include:
* Expanding School Choice
* School & Local Manufacturer Collaboration
* Laptop Distribution to all Students in Wisconsin
* Teaching Foundational Documents
* Encouraging STEM and Technical Education
* “Zones of Innovation”
Dr. Horn will also address the Assembly’s move to keep the Wisconsin State Standards in line with Common Core State Standards.
His analysis of the issues will include the program’s impact on our liberty, constitutionally protected rights, and the level of our control over our local schools.
Bio: Jeffrey Horn holds a Masters in Mathematics and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from UW–Madison. Conscious of the tension between technology and personal freedom, he educates and advocates against Common Core and high-stakes testing in Wisconsin. He also founded StopCommonCoreInWisconsin. His work helped ensure statewide public hearings on Common Core in 2013.
Rep. Dave Murphy chairs the Committee on Colleges and Universities, and is a member of the Committee on Education.
We meet at noon, order lunch, start at 12:05 p.m., and end at 1:00 p.m. Admission is free. Meal purchases are encouraged.
- 11/ 1- William Jasper, Editor The New American Islamic Terrorism
- 11/ 8-Dan Zimmerman, CEO Chris Schaefer, Collections National Republican Historical Museum Foundation
- 11/15- Julaine Appling, CEO Wisconsin Family Action