Daniel Weiss, Lt. Jeff Miller & Pastor Larry Creamer - "Sex Trafficking- A Local Problem"
Tuesday Apr 18th, 2017 - Noon to 1:05 p.m.
Directions: (Google Maps) Exit Hwy 41 at College Ave, go west one block to Mall Drive, turn right, go one block, turn right on Fox River Dr.
Few words shock like “slavery.” Many think that slavery ended 150 years ago with Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation. Yet, slavery flourishes today in the United States and globally. The global scourge of human trafficking for sexual servitude is nothing less than modern-day slavery. An estimated 4.5 million people are victims of forced sexual exploitation globally, 80% are women and 50% are children.
More and more people are waking up to the fact that trafficking isn’t a problem only overseas, but is happening across America. Here in our state Milwaukee ranks in the top five cities in the US for trafficked adolescents and is known as the “Harvard of Pimp School.” The third largest trafficking hub in Wisconsin resides here in the Fox Valley.
While more effective state and federal laws have been enacted and communities are stepping up, but much more is required to reverse the growth of this highly profitable criminal enterprise from taking captive the most vulnerable members of our communities.
On Tuesday the Forum will host:
– Daniel Weiss, Founder of The Brushfires Foundation and a nationally recognized expert focused on how the feeder industries of pornography, strip clubs, massage parlors,… contribute to sex trafficking.
– Lt. Jeff Miller, Appleton PD, investigator of sex trade criminal activity and a member of the OC Human Trafficking Committee.
– Larry Creamer, Senior Pastor of Valley Baptist Church & Counseling Center, provider of a Christ centered response to the Appleton area sex trafficking problem.
On Sunday, April 30 a Sex Trafficking Conference is planned in Neenah from 2:00 – 6:00 pm. Details at right. CAST Poster
All are welcome. We meet at noon, order lunch, start at 12:05 p.m., and end at 1:00 p.m. Admission is free. Meal purchases are encouraged.
For the spring months of March, April and May of 2017, the Forum will meet every other week. Here are the currently committed to planned events:
- April 25 - No Meeting
- May 2 - Nate Nelson, Wisc Director, American Majority "Hold Officials Accountable"
- May 9 - No Meeting
- May 16 - Matt Kittle, Bureau Chief, WisconsinWatchdog.org
- May 23 - No Meeting
Apr 30. - Daniel Weiss, Lt. Jeff Miller, Lisa Sennholz: "Community Awareness of Sex Trafficking" Sunday, 2:00-6:00 pm Bergstrom Quest Center 1534 Lyon Dr, Neenah, WI Info: email@example.com, free Sponsor: Men at Peace
May 5. - Dr. Pesta, Kurt Hyde John Birch Society Dinner Appleton, WI More Info.
May 6. - Security Policy Conf. Trevor Loudon- Keynote Sp. Saturday, 8:30am- 4:00pm Milwaukee, WI More Info.